Barney Flynn

Mr. and Mrs. Barney Flynn

Barney Flynn and his two sons, Will and Frank, were the first settlers on what was to become known as Romsaas Township, but more formerly Township 149, Range 86, of McLean County, North Dakota. He came to the area from Bismarck, leaving his wife behind until a home could be built for her.

The house was built in 1907, and it developed into the ranch that would later be known as the Palmer Daleness farm. After more settlers came, they quit ranching but continued to farm.

Once the home was built, Mrs. Flynn came from Bismarck to join her family. Unfortunately, her husband passed away in 1910, only a few years later. After a time, Mrs. Flynn was remarried, to Fred Carroll, and they lived there for the remainder of her life.