Mount Zion Church

Previous

The Mount Zion Church was organized in 1907 at the Reverand Graham home in Romsaas Township, McLean County, North Dakota. Church services and Sunday School were there until the first school house was built south of there, on Section 16, in 1908. Services were then held at the school until the Mount Zion Church building was constructed in 1914. The Reverend Graham was the minister there for several years after the church was organized.

The Mount Zion Willing Workers were also organized at the Graham home. Mrs. Graham served as president for many years, and there was a large membership for a time, with ladies coming from many miles in all directions, driving by team and buggy.

The Willing Workers served dinners in the fall, and ice cream socials in the summer months in order to raise money for the new church.

The Mount Zion congregation did very well for a good many years. Later, however, as the farms thinned out, it became harder and harder to keep the church going. Ministers were shared with Ryder and other congregations. They came out from Minot. But finally the membership became so small that the services were discontinued.